Astra G front wheel electrics.

AndyR

Just getting things cleaned up to do shock on drivers side, and I have noticed that there is no wire going to the back of the wheel bearing,  but there is on the passenger side. It's a non abs car, so I was wondering what the wire does on the passenger side.  

All help welcome on this one. 

TIA Andy 

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that it is attached to the wheel bearing assembly. I will get under there in the next day or so, and have another look, also I'll get some photos and post on here. I know that it is clipped to the inner wing, and has a joining plug which is coloured grey. Pictures that I have seen of a wheel bearing for the mk4 Astra, show it as being an ABS sensor. But my car doesn't have ABS. 

I see a camera in my future.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been back on the car investigating where this wire goes. And it is connected into the back of the bearing. I've managed to get some pictures so people can voice their ideas. This is not on the offside front wheel, only the nearside. 

20231015_112324.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thank you for that irmscher.👍

Its been bugging me for quite some time now. It would also explain why the speedo is very erratic when I first pull away of a morning. Looks like I'll be sorting out a new bearing in the new year. 

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas. 

Regards Andy😃 🎅