Engine oil pressure fault . Stop engine immediately

This warning has appeared 5 times for a couple of seconds over last few weeks. 2018 crossland that Ive owned since new. 34k mileage. My local garage say it's a known problem and will be £1300 to sort out the timing belt and oil. I can see by researching that others have this problem. 1, has anyone had help from Vauxhall towards the cost.  2,  do I need to sell car? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 9:43 PM, liz said:

This warning has appeared 5 times for a couple of seconds over last few weeks. 2018 crossland that Ive owned since new. 34k mileage. My local garage say it's a known problem and will be £1300 to sort out the timing belt and oil. I can see by researching that others have this problem. 1, has anyone had help from Vauxhall towards the cost.  2,  do I need to sell car? 

Hi

I have the same problem with my 18 plate Crossland x and owned as a pre reg car from new. My mileage was about 36500 when it started doing same as yours also goes into snail mode, you pull over turn off for a minuet or so and you set off again. At first had oil change but dint solve. Had to take to Vauxhall (pentagon) for diagnostic. They confirmed timing belt and Vauxhall are doing under warranty but i had too jump through hoops for Vauxhall to confirm they paying for it. I had to prove all services where done properly by providing copies of invoices for services done they looking to make sure correct parts and correct grade of oil was used. apparently timing belt is 6 years or 60k i think they said. So check with Vauxhall. However my car went in 19 Feb was supposed to be a 3 day job but is still in there apparently waiting for part to do with Driveshaft so they say. I did originally get a courtesy car which i was supposed to be paying towards insurance so they said. They have waved all cost for courtesy car now which i still have.

Edited by Andy crossland x
More information

Hi

I have had the same problem I own a 68 insignia turbo diesel and I 2020 plate corsa nav premium I have had corsa in garage it came back with no fault code

the insignia as so far had new oil pump, nox sensor 1 &2 , chain belts inside engine all changed and still having problems purchased oil from Vauxhall dealer with new filter was coming up with service when already been done