Astra 2010 1.7 diesel engine issue?

Tyers

Hey

So after an engine management light about a month ago, which raised a low oil pressure fault, I now have a bigger problem ☹

The oil was changed, and the light was turned off. I drive the car once a week or so and has been fine for a month since the oil and oil filter change, but today after driving for 2-3 minutes it began kangerooing with a real loss of power in every gear. I turned around to head home, and got a ‘Service Vehicle Soon’ message.

To add to this, for about a year the car did the kangeroo thing every once in a while when first started in the cold. I’d dip the clutch, wait a few seconds and continue on. It wouldn’t do it again throughout that drive, and would be fine.

But today it wouldn’t go. Pulled over, turned off and on, but no fix. Slowly increased the speed and went through the gears, same issue. At times the throttle would be on the floor and I couldn’t get over 20mph. At rare intervals the car would pull fairly normal, change gear, then back to struggling.

No dash lights are on, no smoke that I could see, gear changes fine, clutch felt no different, just has the issues mentioned. It’s underiveable as it is.

I do about 2k miles a year, so haven’t bothered to have it serviced for a few years (silly me), wondering if that’s an issue.

I’m not handy around an engine, but happy to try the more simple potential fixes if anyone has any pointers?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...