Book Review: Vauxhall Cars – 1945 to 1995

A comprehensive pictorial history of all Vauxhall cars produced from 1945 up to and including models in production in 1995. This really is the ‘go-to’ publication if you need to compare your Vivas, Victors, Ventoras or Viceroys!
Breaking down the many models into several chapters, this is a trip down memory lane for any postwar car enthusiast.

V5593-AppA_P04_480x480.jpg?v=1684836951

Comprehensively illustrated, the book includes line drawings, black & white plus colour period photographs, together with interior detail. All models are covered along with sports derivatives, limited editions, vans, estates, coupes. It includes a section on motor sport achievements and TV/movie appearances. Contemporary factory advertising slogans used is key throughout. Complimenting the historical content, technical specifications, key production changes and build figures are also detailed.
Trevor Alder has been driving Vauxhalls and Opels for many years and has previously written and compiled several Vauxhall/Opel publications from his massive self-indexed magazine archive. The research for this book suggests this a bookshelf-must for anyone interested in a slice of Britain's motoring heritage.

Untitled_d29f6332-e452-4671-9354-7fccf7f

Vauxhall Cars by Trevor Alder
ISBN: 9781787115934
UPC: 6-36847-01593-0

AVAILABLE NOW at  £19.99 (including p&p) from Transporterama - Car Books Store

Buy a copy here:  https://www.carbooks.store/collections/british-cars/products/vauxhall-cars-1945-to-1995

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like an interesting read. I've had one or two over the years, and I know my father was a Vauxhall man in his younger days. 

I've made a note of website, and will have a look later.

• Like 1