Meriva Immobiliser? Loud Beeping - Even When Driving

Shar01

Good morning.

I've had an issue with my 2012 Meriva for sometime now where I experience loud beeping every so often from what I can only assume is the immobiliser.

It usually does a burst of beeps once you've started the car and drive off, however in the last few months it's started doing it even whilst driving... and it's now gotten to the point where it will do bursts of beeps every 15 seconds for an entire drive... sometimes stopping and restarting the car doesn't even help.

Some days it's fine.

Below is a video of my car idling on our driveway (hence the seatbelt light). You can hear the beeps (please excuse the dirty dashboard).
This is what I hear on a "bad day" where it won't even stop beeping, even whilst driving...

I'm guessing the immobiliser is faulty (although I can still start and drive) or it's for a warning I don't understand?
Either way it's driving me insane... Is there ANYTHING I can do short of scrapping the car? Maybe a speaker cable I can cut, or warning I can clear somehow?

Any help or guidance would be hugely appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

-S

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 1:54 PM, Vauxhall Owners Club said:

That is an odd one and doesn't sounds like any standard automotive warning bleeper
I would try to isolate the noise from under the dash and see where it leads
Could be an aftermarket device (reverse sensor, tracker, etc)

Thanks for responding and commenting.
I'm not convinced it is aftermarket in any way. The whole radio/music stops to let the beeping occur... It's so strange. It can be fine for 3 days, then a day of beeping every 15 seconds.

I've had a look around but can't even pin-point where the sound is coming from...

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, sorry for the delay in replying. There was nothing in my owners manual that was helpful, however I was reading an old Car Mechanics mag. the other day and came across an article on headlights and the beeping noises that are given off if you have a particular type and they go faulty. 

It states that the noise can be heard under the bonnet and sometimes under the dash area. Maybe someone in the past has fitted a set of these bulbs which give a brighter light? The bulbs are the High Intensity Discharge or HID type. Evidently, if the Igniter fails they give off a clicking sound.

Anyway, if you want the full story it,s in the January 2023 edition magazine, page 7.

Hope this helps, I am curious myself.........

Peter.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...