Fog light bezel removal

Eric2275

Hi all, I have seen loads of posts about fog lamp bezel removal. What I would like to know or confirm, is doi I lift the inboard side of the bezel then slide to the right. It is the passenger side bezel. I suppose this one slides to the right.
loads of folks appear to have done this but no one really describes how to do it.
looking at various photos on the net, that would appear to be logical.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
fetch?photoid=344189&type=thumb
1 Photo

IMG_0141.jpeg

17 hours ago, Eric2275 said:
Hi all, I have seen loads of posts about fog lamp bezel removal. What I would like to know or confirm, is doi I lift the inboard side of the bezel then slide to the right. It is the passenger side bezel. I suppose this one slides to the right.
loads of folks appear to have done this but no one really describes how to do it.
looking at various photos on the net, that would appear to be logical.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
fetch?photoid=344189&type=thumb
1 Photo

IMG_0141.jpeg

8BCF7188-26C4-45EE-8B1D-9F5C287D4CB9.jpeg

0A2D8D22-0F01-4A9A-AFD0-D9473C37E7A8.jpeg

81233F12-0A7A-4F76-BBD4-4516A3009A55.jpeg

Well as I had to get the job done, I couldn’t wait for replies so here is my prognosis. (Ooh that’s a big word) lol.

Firstly I masked off all my paintwork to prevent damage.

Then, as I didn’t have any plastic bodywork tools I used a broad bladed screwdriver to gently prise off the chrome strip. This levers off from the top, not from the bottom.

Next I loosened off the clips on the right hand side by again gently prising them forward with a wide chisel.

This is where you have to be careful. 
As the right hand side of the bezel is wider, you would think the bezel would slide off to the right, “NO” it slides slightly to the left.

Had I known this I may not have broken two lugs off the bezel.

Realising this (to late) I gently prised of the left hand side of the bezel.

Note, let the lugs give up on there own, don’t be tempted to pull the bezel by ripping it off. I used a long screwdriver to gently ease the rest of the lugs out by putting the screwdriver in between the bezel and the bumper, from the right hand side.

Well it’s off and reusable with the two broken lugs plastic welded back on.

Hope this helps anyone else attempting the job.

PS, plastic trim tools may have been a help.

Having examined the bezel unit when I got it out, it would appear that you can insert a small flat blade from the front at every lug position as you are prying it off. This actually releases the lugs and prevents any breakages.

hindsight is a great thing but it may help someone else.