Power stearing

Robbie

2004 meriva 

Power stearing is a fault with this car I am well aware of .I have had this problem for over 2 years now but learnt to put up with it. I Have changed battery. Trouble  is now its happening a lot more.Will changing the stearing column fix the issue? And has anyone got a guide price what it would cost?

They are such nice cars but not sure if it would  be worth doing due to the age

A steering column may fix the issue but it would cost a lot and if you can put up with it for a while longer then may be the best bet

If the issue is with the electric power steering intermittently working on start up but having to start a couple of times for it so start working then this is usually battery related and a better quality or more powerful battery tends to resolve the issue

Hi Robbie - I have just signed up so this is my first post - My Meriva power steering motor finally failed at New Year. I found a company in Derbyshire who took it in and reconditiioned it with a lifetime warranty for about £250 all in. 

Check out https://www.ecutesting.com/

It took me an evening to extract the motor and the column (they both need to be sent) and a little less to put them back together. Happy to offer more info if helpful.