Zafira b 1.7 cdti 2011 Electrical problems

mikej200905

Hi all,
I need some advice if possible, my zafira b had water ingress in the fuse box, I have replaced this with a new one, but now the car starts without me turning the key to engage the starter motor, the starter motor went so I have replaced this as well. I have also replaced the ignition housing. The persistent error code I get P1625-63, I was thinking a bad ground to the ECU, has anyone got any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike. 

Hope you have managed to sort out your problems. If not I have just found the error code on google, which states that it could be water ingress into the ECU. Probably not what you want to hear. Hope this points you in the right direction. Unless you have already solved your problem. 

Regards Andy.

Hi Andy,

thank you for the reply, no I haven’t sorted out my car yet. I also had corrosion on the DPF which I’ve just replaced but the last person who fitted the DPF cross threaded one of the exhaust sensors which broke, one thing after another lol, I was already thinking the ecu probably needs replacing, would you mind sending me the link to the info with the error code relating to water ingress in the ecu, to be honest I’m a little nervous about programming an ecu with opcom. 

Hi  I can't seem to find the original link that said about water ingress. But on searching again, I have found a page that may help, and doesn't mention water ingress. 

Its p1625enginetroublecode.com

The heading is titled Opel Zafira P1625 Engine Trouble Code-Opel Zafira P1625 OBD-11

It gives a breakdown of the meaning of the error code, and a fault diagnosis and possible solutions. 

Is the 63 part of the code 1663?  If it is , it shows this as PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detecting a failure in the Fuel delivery command line. 

Hope this helps. 

Andy.

hmm this would explain why it starts and then stalls, I assumed the hole in the DPF was messing it up, I was going to see where I was at once that had been fixed, thank you for the info, do you still think it could be the ecu? 

With what I can find on different pages, they rarely mention ECU, but the vectra.com page has a similar problem and noted that his ECU had been revamped, and not sealed properly so water got in and caused deterioration.  

Might be an idea to do the other faults first, and if it's ok, then great news. If not it might be the ECU is the next step. 

Regards Andy.