Nav 500 question

Hap Hazard

Hi All,

I have just purchased a low mileage 2011 Insignia and decided to update the Nav 500 database. Did what most do in my end of the 2nd hand market and brought a newer CD off sleezebay and uploaded the disc without problems. I then took the disc out from cd slot and then fired up the sat Nav to try inputting a new destination. It now tells me to insert disc for it to work, which it then does.

With the thought of the cd having to be installed in order for the Nav system to function, I thought no sweat, it hasn’t cost me an arm and a leg, I will just upload the old 2011 factory disc. Uploaded the old disc, which I like my new cheapy disc, did without any problems. Thing is, it now tells me I also need to install the original disc to get it to work as well.

So the question is, have I missed out on something, or did the old satnav work without the old disc installed when I got the car, because it had saved destinations in its saved address it its low-level(?) memory, which I would have erased during the update, or will I have to just put it down to a cheap gamble that didn’t pay off with my sleezebay purchase? (But the old version wouldn’t be doing the same either).

Ta muchly,

HH

Hi...welcome to the forum

Unfortunately, its not the busiest forum lately and also it relies on someone knowing the information you need.

Sorry, not sure of the correct answer but never trust non OE copies myself, had a similar issue with Honda SatNav a few years ago...went OE and it worked fine