garage ripping me off?

vivaro69

Hi folks! in need of some advise :) Basically i own a 57 plate vauxhall vivaro with 74k. one day it just cut out on me and wouldnt start but would turn over ok. seemed like it was fuel? so took it to a garage and they told me it would need a new fuel pump and the pump would cost £450 so i said ok if thats what it needs then just order it and fit it. So went past to pick the van up hoping it would be ready and they had the pump fitted but said they were having trouble getting the fuel pressure up and it still wouldnt run even with the new pump? so i just left it with it and they spent 12 hours on it before replacing a injector and then it worked! so my question is did it need that fuel pump? could a fuel pump and injector go at the same time? the bill came to £1107 and thats after just paying a bill of £1200 because the timing chain snapped! Not happy with these vans but would be very gratefull if some one could help me! cheers.

I would guess you've been fleeced matey...

Seems the injector told the engine it couldn't cope so it gave a shit load of fault-codes to the ECU and the mechs picked the wrong one to change/fix ;)

Well this is what i think and i am not happy to pay this bill but how can a prove that it wasnt the pump?

Only by asking for the old parts which were yours anyway... Personally, I think a sensor failed whether it be cam, crank, throttle or fuel sensor(s)...

As I said, request the original parts back and I bet I'm right ;)