Rear suspension

Hi all I'm Stephen

I'm having issues with removing a bolt on the suspension shock absorber I can remove the top bolt, but I can not remove or even losses the lower bolt at all, I have jacked the rear on axle stands at the back on both sides and I have even raised the suspension to take the strain of removing suspension shock, but it just won't budge at all any help is really appreciated don't won't to go garage to just charge loads that something I can do my self, iv even used my impact on it and won't move

I've usually kept the vehicle weight on the ground and used an impact wrench on the nut and its worked.
As it is rubber mounted at the top of the damper then this can absorb some of the impact from the wrench and cancel out the torque being applied. Also may be worth using a long breaker bar if you can get it in the space
Can always spin it on a couple of turns to jack it up again

Maybe take it to a garage with a bigger impact wrench to see if it shifts

Yeah iv got a breaker bar coming today will give it a go on the car and the impact wrench and hopefully it will loosen up, been waiting for this rain to stop were I am lol.

• Like 1