Vauxhall Corrosion Warranty

af1342af

Hi All,

Any one managed to claim under warranty, for body corrosion.

I have a 5 year old Corsa which is corroding on the rear arches and front wing and even though I have full history and original paint, inspected by Vauxhall dealer. Vauxhall uk have refuse to pay to have the corrosion sorted.

Who can I complain to, or do I just take it on the chin??

Both me and my sister are selling our VXR Corsa's and buying Fords

Can any one help?

:(

Ahh, they will use their "Reasonable wear and tear" clause to avoid replacing panels as you have to prove that the defect is with the metal and not due to stone-chip or other interference/damage!

By this I mean the warranty covers bugger all except if the metal was substandard at manufacture...

Would you say the paintwork was intact BEFORE you noticed the defects? And, would you say that no after-market items have been fitted close to the defect?

All original panels and paint, plus this corrosion is under the rear arches.

They have not even bothered to send out one of their own engineers to inspect it, so they have no idea how bad it is or what may have caused it.

They are just making excuses.

1st, they say my history is no good. When I proved their dealer had not been carrying out the body inspection since the 1st service back in 2008, they changed their excuse to the car not having the original paint. Yet one of their dealers has messured the depth of the paint and confirmed it is original.

I am now taking leagal action against them as they are breaching their warrany guidlines with no factual reason.

Iam also taking it up with the service dealer in Hayes Middlesex, as they carried out all the services for the first 4 years.

You don't need legal action as yet mukka... The BEST thing to do is to keep a record of all correspondence, then contact Vauxhall Head Office...

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/about-vauxhall/about-us/get-in-touch.html or...

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/tools/vauxhall-contact-us.html

Ask why their colleagues are passing you off without physically examining the car ;)

Let me know if you get no joy... I'm good with people like them, I don't "let-up" if I think I have a viable reason !

All the conversations Ive had have been with Vauxhall UK.

They are the ones who are refusing the claim and who have not sent anyone out to view the car.

I am now intouch with the Dealer, (Vauxhall Hayes in Middelsex), who carried out the first 4 services, as they are at fault because they have failed to carry out the inspection correctly.

Their Dealer in Luton has inspected it and have reported to Vauxhall UK that the paint is original, and VX UK have still refused to honour it.

Its an engineer from VX Uk that needs to inspect it but they have not even offered that.

If they are refusing I have no option but to go legal or, take it up with the dealer that has failed to carry out the services, of the past 5 years, correctly.

:angry: