Newbie - Black Ampera, Hampshire

dpeilow

Hi,

I've got a black Ampera 'electron' that I've been driving since last May. It's my first Vauxhall and I'm loving it. Also my dealer, Eden in Poole, has been top notch too.

I do 60 mostly motorway miles a day, charging overnight in my garage and topping up at work. I just use 13A plugs. I used only about £5 of petrol for the whole of January.

Since last summer I've averaged 249 MPG over almost 10,000 miles - see my profile picture. That's a saving of £2,000 already. This car does exactly what they said it would.

Forget what you know about any other hybrid (ahem, Toyota): This car is quick off the line, fun to drive and handles very well for a car of its size. I previously had an Audi S3 but I don't miss it at all, and you'll still find me in the outside land of the motorway passing the BMWs. Well done Vauxhall, I think you've made the perfect daily driver.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I agree David, it s a really great car to drive. If you can shoulder the initial expense the resulting fun of the eco drive is worth it. It has certainly changed my driving habit in relation to speed and braking and it is so cheap to run. My biggest bonus is when I don't pay to park when shopping in Milton Keynes, but get free parking and the car charged up for free!