Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, multiple devices

Hi all,

My first Grandland X Elite Nav Turbo and my first experience with Apple CarPlay, so I need to find some options for something that was quite easy in my last car - having the option for me or my wife to play music on long journeys. It used to be as simple as connecting either phone via an aux cable, but not anymore.

So, I know multiple devices can connect to Bluetooth; however, when I have Apple CarPlay running is ALL Bluetooth disabled or just Bluetooth to my phone? I suppose the ultimate question is, can my wife play music via Bluetooth while my phone is connected to CarPlay?
If not, I guess I won't be able to use CarPlay if we both want to play music?

Any options gratefully received 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Apple CarPlay takes precedence, Bluetooth won’t work. Apple car play does have new feature called SharePlay where controls can be passed to a passenger. They scan a qr code on your infotainment screen and then take control. Theres a small icon on the top of the CarPlay music/now playing screen, looks like two arches above a dot, press that and follow on screen instructions.