Can I ask if anybody with a grandland x 2018 has had a situation where you have had no warning but all of a sudden your oil light comes on and it says stop car I did this left it for 10 mins starting back up & it’s not happened since and there is no signs of a leak in my driveway any advice & able to shine a lite on this would be greatly appreciated
        Thanks John     

Yes I had this, issue is the wet belt inside the engine breaks down clogging the oil so that it can’t get around the engine.  I needed to belt and sump cleaned out.

definitely a garage job, it’s labour that’s going to cost you the most as the engine needs to be taken apart.  It’s because the belt is inside of the engine rather than outside like they used to be.  Common problem with quite a few types of cars as its a part that wears down

Have a friend who is a mechanic & because it’s been over a week with no more problems we’re going to flush the engine through with oil flush new oil filter and oil change 

Mine happened then took a few weeks before it came up again, then happened more regularly.  You can see the belt if you look in the through the oil cap.  If the belt is breaking down though I’m not sure how regularly you would need to change oil to prevent it

Good afternoon 

it looks like I need my wet belt changing but I have found an article from 2023 saying that they are aware of the fault and recalling is anyone aware of this and can we take back and get repairs done ??

IMG_1764.png

Yeah I was looking into the same as it being a fault that’s they should be fixing but didn’t get much luck.  Seems issues with Peugeot, Citroen and ford as well. The issue is it’s a part that does wear down but as it’s in the engine it causes other problems and also requires so much labour to service.  I decided not to continue trying to get them to pay for it as no guarantees and needed it fixed quick and putting it to them would have probs cost me a lost more than my garage.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently had the wet belt issue on my GrandlandX 1.2.

A Vauxhall dealership diagnosed the issue as Wet Belt and then asked for £1049 for the repair.

Eventually I made a case via Vauxhall customer service and their Good Will Dept, (I gave no details except the dealership).

They paid in full for the costs.

• Like 1

Just had this happen on my 2019 Crossland x 1.2T auto, less than 25,000 miles covered, bought used. My clusters abrupt warning was a “Braking system failure, stop the engine”.
Currently at dealership, quoted at least £1500, but won’t have an exact figure until the engine is stripped.
Was advised to contact Vauxhall customer services, they may contribute towards the repair as a good will because it’s a common problem with this engine that Vauxhall are fully aware of. If it’s so common, they should be recalled.
Vauxhall won’t be contributing to my repair though, because of missing service history with approved workshops even though it’s the poor quality of parts fitted during the manufacturing process.

Edited by Cross x
NA

• 1 month later...