Any help please πŸ™

steveybean72

Rate then, I did my introduction yesterday so now come the questions 🀣 My siggy is a 2015 face-lift 2.0 cdti ecoflex sports tourer,Β  now then , on my door I've got the two mirror switches,Β  the flat ishΒ  round one with up, down, left an right positions and the little rectangular one below it , for left an right mirror for adjustment,Β  according to the manual if I select the little dot in the middle of that switch it should enable me to fold the mirrors by using the round button as there is a tiny curved arrow,Β  representing the fold action , well , it doesn't bloody do anything 🀣 am I missing something here ? I'm use to powerfold and miss it πŸ˜ͺ🀣

I'm fairly certain that it's a case of you don't have the power fold option. The switch is mass produced and it is cheaper to just show all options on the casing and fit it to all models, such as under your bonnet you will find at least one unconnected plugin because the loom for petrol and diesel models are the same and dependant on whether your car is diesel or petrol will determine which plugin is unconnected. There will be other parts within the car that are like that but where you may gain from it such as certain wiring looms that cater for higher spec models are often fitted on lower spec models, the electric adjustable and heated seats wiring loom is often fitted on lower spec models.Β  Β Β 

Just an after thought, the folding mirror mechanism can be fitted but it is supposed to be a bit of a faff. I'm sure that I have seen a "How To" on the subject before and could try and look it out for you if you want.

7 minutes ago, D8RCS said:

Just an after thought, the folding mirror mechanism can be fitted but it is supposed to be a bit of a faff. I'm sure that I have seen a "How To" on the subject before and could try and look it out for you if you want.

Cheers for that πŸ‘,Β  I did wonder if it was a case of the button just being a standard fitted part but not wired in or programmed, or something like that, ah well , I'll probably leave as is and just learn to slum it 🀣

• Like 1