Grandland X Nav t 2018 New engine required excessive oil use

Engine consuming oil approx 1ltr per 280-300 miles. Not smoking or leaking.   Asked by garage to do 1000km (621m) after drained and filled with fresh oil.  48 hour investigation and could not identify the fault, New engine was the solution. They want me to pay the labour cost approx 10hrs. £1500+!!!!! 

• 3 months later...

In the same boat, had on and off issues with oil issues for over a year, went in for a major repair which was done under recall so no cost to myself, however the issues was no resolved. year later still having issues so taken back to the dealership who have stated new engine needed. Vauxhall have said they will cover parts and no labour £1600! customer service is the worse I've ever come across, rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. why should I cover the cost of the labour when this is a manufacturing fault of vauxhall.

all other manufacturers that used this engine have recalled all cars. Currently seeking advice from the motoring ombudsman and haven't had my car for the last 3 months!

On 9/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, Vauxhall girl said:

Is it under warranty because grandland x was recalled due to engine/oil fault. I would raise it. 
last year something similar happened to me and the engine needed to be stripped and Vauxhall paid the bill. Escalate to customer services 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, Vauxhall girl said:

Is it under warranty because grandland x was recalled due to engine/oil fault. I would raise it. 
last year something similar happened to me and the engine needed to be stripped and Vauxhall paid the bill. Escalate to customer services 

Wow you are the lucky one. 
I was charged for the labour and here we are in January 2024 and I am still paying it off. 
The service that I received was atrocious to the point of being criminal.  No replacement vehicle for two weeks. 
Refused to answer my calls and not notified when the job was finished. I had to go to the showroom to find out what was going on. 
I was held to ransom over the return of the car. Pay the labour cost or no car!!!!!  Disgusting desk jockey in servicing department a total moron. 

I paid monthly and finish Feb 25  

motoring ombudsman informed still waiting to be contracted  

sold the car back to Vauxhall as I will not be treated to like dirt  from a total retard, I might add sold at a loss.

glad to get rid of sadly what was a fair car but the people skills of the staff are non existent  

I have been motoring since 1967 and have had dealings with several motoring companies but this one is the Pits 

Now drive a Volvo. 

Polite customer service. Efficient mechanical service  knocks spots off Vauxhall  

2 hours ago, MJG said:

In the same boat, had on and off issues with oil issues for over a year, went in for a major repair which was done under recall so no cost to myself, however the issues was no resolved. year later still having issues so taken back to the dealership who have stated new engine needed. Vauxhall have said they will cover parts and no labour £1600! customer service is the worse I've ever come across, rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. why should I cover the cost of the labour when this is a manufacturing fault of vauxhall.

all other manufacturers that used this engine have recalled all cars. Currently seeking advice from the motoring ombudsman and haven't had my car for the last 3 months!

Hope you resolve this soon. The treatment that I received from Vauxhall was appalling. 
I also gave the ombudsman all the details they asked for……….Now Jan 24 still waiting. 
When/if,  you get it back  sell it to the highest bidder and walk away. 
You will sleep better. 
good luck let me know how you get on. 

Hello there sorry to hear about your experience with vauxhall and your car I agree they should most certainly cover the costs why should the consumer pay for there negligence I think that's appalling and they have had your car for 3 months gosh did you buy the car from the main dealer ?  If they have previously repaired the vehicle then your quote within your rights to refuse the car as it's not fit for purpose a car is a big investment and it should be of satisfactory standard I hope you manage to sort things with your car all the best