Auto Gearbox Problem

John Bradley

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, I have a 2ltr insignia on a 2012 plate with a gearbox issue that getting worse.

What happens is - when cold the gear box runs and changes correctly but when it gets warm I have an issue pulling off, when I take my foot off the brake the car is stationary for a couple of seconds then shunts off as if somebody has hit me from behind, but if I put into neutral at the next junction then but into gear it pulls off properly. 

Also it has stated when cold to high rev and not change gear properly until I easy off the revs, generally the car runs well on a run.

Would any body have any ideas please?

I have changed the oil in gearbox twice now without improvement.

Do we think it requires new gearbox and from whom - any recommendations please.

I thank you all for your help in advance.

John   

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

IMG_5204.jpeg.964deabc8db360b33f25addc4a6ff104.jpegThe usual cause of ( bump from car behind ) fault is worn brake band inside auto gearbox. A brake band stops a drum from rotating and should stay tight to reduce wear. If you get in the habit of selecting neutral at the lights this fault will eventually happen. Better to use the electric hand brake it’s cheaper to repair. Too many traffic jams these days maybe that’s the reason right leg knees are the first knee to be replaced.