Water in headlights

Adrian

• 1 month later...

I have a lot of condensation in the near-side headlamp in a 2014 Insignia Ecoflex.

I Removed headlamp bulb and fed a plastic tube through the hole. I set up a hairdryer facing a metal funnel taped on to the tube. I played a B&D heat gun across the headlamp face and, with impatience, damaged the top corner of the headlamp. (see 04 picture, white spot at top-right of the headlamp) Eventually the condensation evaporated, but I am not convinced that the tube was blowing hot air into the front space of the headlamp because there appears to be a lens in front of the bulb position.   I guess It might have taken 30 minutes. The near-side headlamp is cluttered with the battery box and earth cables. I should have tried to remove the other bulb - maybe that might have given, either better access for the hot air, or better escape for it. I left the hairdryer running for another 15 minutes before closing up. I see that a small amount of condensation has reformed at the edge already.

Has anyone info on the internal construction of the headlamp? Is there access for air to the front space from the bulb position?  Does the other bulb give better access?

P1200700.JPG

P1200702.JPG

P1200703.JPG

P1200704.JPG