Coolant Temperature sensor

Jacko541

Good morning, new member here.

I have a 2017 insignia Sri Vx-Line Nav T D.

I picked the car up last night from the garage after having a new clutch fitted.

On starting the car, the EML illuminated and the following message appeared on screen ‘Reduced Engine Power’.

IMG_0531.thumb.jpeg.ca64bf584641e50222ad0d77b354bcab.jpeg

I spoke with the mechanics and they said it was fine to drive home (had to get back for an appointment), and to bring it back on Monday for them to look at.

Half way home (approx 50 miles)

I noticed the temp gauge was on zero. I monitored it for the rest of the journey and it didn’t move.

This morning I got a friend to plug up his OBD and got an error code of P0118-00 - Engine Coolant Temp Sensor Circuit High Voltage.

IMG_0532.thumb.jpeg.6bab79bfa0fbf25d5a7061b002fb906e.jpeg

can somebody please point me in the direction (with photo if possible) of the temp sensor(s) location? That way I can see if anything has been left unplugged or wiring damaged during clutch renewal.

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_0194.thumb.jpeg.b20cf2f20a84fd8c7f16484532199087.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there , did you manage to solve this problem , everything that has happend to you has happend to me.  I have the exact same model as you , any help would be appreciated i am tearing my hair out 🤬