Insignia '67 1.5 ecotec Grand Sports Tourer

Hi all, my beloved Insignia '67 plate 1.5 has broken down.

Going out one day, as usual, reversed out my driveway, drove about ten yards and the car just cut out, right out of the blue, no warning, nothing in the day's before leading up to it breaking down. My only thought was to get it back in my driveway and somehow after a lot of stopping and starting managed to reverse it back in.

Called out the breakdown repair, he did a diagnostic test which came up with six fault codes, they are ...

1 : P018B Fuel pressure sensor performance.

2 : U0073 Control module communication bus " A " off.

3 : U0121 Lost communication with electronic brake control module.

4 : U18A2 Lost communication with fuel pump control module.

5 : U216A  Lost communication with front object control module.

6 : U0140 Lost communication with body control module.

Can anyone tell me how these all failed, have you heard of anyone else's Insignia having the same breakdown.

I bought the car when it was just three year's old with just over 14k on the clock, it's sailed through all it's MOT's, had it serviced at regular intervals, it has me absolutely bewildered. 

Can anyone help ?

I've included pics of the fault codes, the breakdown guy told me to take them so no one can delete them and not fix them, I see his point, it goes into the garage on the 8th of June, so I'll relay back what the garage says, and tells me how much it'll cost to fix it.

Sorry if any pics are doublers.

20230523_160420.jpg

20230523_160423.jpg

20230523_160431.jpg

20230523_160434.jpg

20230523_160436.jpg

Multiple codes suddenly appearing like that immediately point to an ECU failure. That said some could be old codes that weren't cleared so if possible get the car recovered to a garage so they can be cleared, then see if any re-appear (or try an OBD reader).

I had this happen years ago with a Ford F*cus, and it was caused by a solder joint breaking on the plug into the back of the dash cluster where the ECU was located, causing all manner of codes and sudden loss of throttle like you describe. A simple re-solder of the plug fixed it, but took months to locate!

Thanks for replying. The guy from the breakdown recovery company tried to clear the codes to no avail, that's when he told me to take pics of the codes, so the garage it's booked into can't clear them without doing the work to fix them.

Thanks again for replying.

• 5 months later...

My sister had a similar problem with her Insignia Elite,all was fine stopped at Tesco came back car was dead.

She got it recovered to Vauxhall main stealer who were only able to say the ECU was down & needed a small mortgage for a new one. In the end she got a mobile remap guy to come out & just over an hour later he had reset & remapped the car  for her for £285 & not the £1100 Vauxhall wanted.

She lost faith in the car & now drives a Audi A4. So well done Vauxhall dealers...... Another customer you have lost forever.