Unknown noise, please help!

aaroncogger

Hi there, recently purchased a 2013 Corsa D 1.2 petrol and very pleased with it and have quickly started racking up miles on it (60 per day commute), however it's developed a flapping/knocking noise. 

At first I thought it sounded like a piece of trim or shield but have checked and these all are tightened down. I have posted a video (obviously filmed by passenger) if anyone recognises or has had the same sort of thing any help would be greatly appreciated

The sound seems to be completely random too, I've tried to narrow it down to either bumpy roads, turning only, only when accelerating or decelerating but nothing has come of any luck! 

Many thanks if to anyone who can help!

Hi there , I just had a listen, and it sounds like something is either dragging on the road, or rubbing on another moving part. Have you checked to see if there is a cover or guard over belts and pulleys in the engine bay that might have come adrift.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AndyR said:

Hi there , I just had a listen, and it sounds like something is either dragging on the road, or rubbing on another moving part. Have you checked to see if there is a cover or guard over belts and pulleys in the engine bay that might have come adrift.

Exactly what I first thought however I can’t see any loose trims or belts anywhere, I’m now starting to think potential wheel bearing on its way out as worse at speeds over 30/40 ish🫣