Crossland Rear Brake Discs

Hi,

I noticed over the last few days my handbrake was not releasing properly after the car was left parked overnight, as though the pads had not come off the disc, but for a second or so had stuck. I also noticed some light scoring of the disc itself. I called in to Arnold Clark where I purchased the car and was surprised to be told that it was not a handbrake fault but as the car had only covered 3,400 miles it was through lack of use and not being hard enough on the brakes. Well you could have blown me over with a feather! What was worse, I may have to fork out for replacement discs and pads, like h*!! I will. He says he has known Vauxhall to make a goodwill gesture and replace free of charge. As a retired driving instructor, harsh braking was something I didn't teach, quite the opposite!

Well that doesn't surprise me coming from a dealership as the brakes should not be seized due to under-breaking.
It is more likely that the pads have seized in the caliper carrier assembly due to having no anti-seize compound being applied when fitting the pads.

It should be a simple job to remove the pads, apply some anti-seize (copperslip or similar) and refit 
The discs or even the pads should not need replacing at that mileage though

Let us know how you get on with it all