Engine swap

mrliam736

Hello, hoping someone can help me here, I have 2 insignia's. The first is a 2009 a20nht 2.0t elite and the second is a 2015 b14net 1.4 turbo. The 2015 insignia has a blown engine and the 2009 insignia will not pass the mot due to rust, my question being, can I swap engine, gearbox, drivetrain, wiring and ecu's over but retain the 2015's electronic rack and stereo and clocks? It's something I am looking to do in the next couple of weeks and would really appreciate some insight before I start stripping both cars just to find out I can't get them to run. Many thanks

Vauxhall Owners Club
This post was recognized by Vauxhall Owners Club!

Uncle Fester was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 35 points.

Hi mate..I don't think that will work..Software incompatibility for the Can Bus networks to talk to each other through each ecu and  body control.......Immobiliser circuits that normally go through from your ignition to the clocks,body control module and engine ecu won't be able to communicate and not forgetting the fuel tank and pipework will be different also..

Go back to the 80's you could virtually swap anything over..Modern stuff...Nightmare..👍

• Like 1