Auto gearbox clunk / jerk when selecting Drive

Manic

Last month I bought my wife a 2014 Meriva B auto and when we picked it up, it "clunked" forward when selecting drive. No problems with gear selection afetr drive has been selected. The issue is gradually getting worse and my wife is loosing confidence in the car. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, was it resolved?
TIA

• 1 year later...

Sounds like previous owner had a habit of selecting neutral at the lights causing BRAKE BAND wear inside auto gearbox. With all normal Torque Converter automatics it is better to use handbrake and keep in D ( drive ) if your right foot cannot hold brake pedal long enough. Read more automatic info on my posts.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I’ve read online that a worn engine mount can cause clunking when selecting drive or reverse from stationary. I’m hoping it’s something like that! 
However the action I experienced as previous described was quite an alarming jolt/ thump on going from park to reverse.