54 plate auto 1.8 astra 55k mls

bazza

Hi all retired mechanic old school ! we have had this car from new no problems!  recently gave it a full service new exhaust from cat back! new lambda sensor in front pipe ( not the cat ) all good for 4 weeks now have EML light on, no change in the way it drives at all, past mot 3 weeks  all good. i am still with the AA do i call them out and get  a diagnostic ( if the guys any good) or any ideas please this is new to me .many thanks.

• 1 year later...

No need to buy an Op Com, you could check for fault codes using the "Pedal Test Method" Press both the Accelerator and Brake pedals down to the floor then turn ignition on until the lights come on but not as far as to start the engine..........then where your mileage shows up it should flash up an ECN number that is your fault code, if nothing appears then you either have no faults or the test hasn't worked, but it usually works on most cars.

I will check the forum to see if there is a list of fault codes (which is quite a long list) if I can't find a list then I will post the fault codes.