Please can you help urgently, important questions about exhaust temp sensor. ( 2014 Insignia 2.0 CDTI )

Eastbank st.

Hi.

I have a 2014 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0cdti.

About 2 months ago my car went  into limp mode if accelerated hard. Following this a week or 2 later I got a message '' dpf regen do not switch off engine'' message.   After I did a forced regen with my diagnostic machine the car drove perfect with all power resumed, however after 2 or 3 days it went back into limp mode.

It has been going into limp mode since then anytime it is accelerated hard so I drive very gently atm.

Yesterday I got a engine overheated turn off engine message, then a bad misfire when restarted. AA says exhaust temp sensor at fault , sensor 2 but my diagnostic says sensor 1 and 2 both high temp so I don't know which one it is.

He says the car did not overheat; it was because of the bad sensor.

He followed me to garage but they said they cant work on it for a week or so as busy all week,   I took car home as I need it for work doing deliveries at resaurant. 

THe exhaust temp sensor code has not returned but the car still goes into limp mode as it has been doing for about 8 weeks when accelerated hard.

Is the car still ok ot use if I don't get the sensor changed tomorrow,  could driving with a bad exhaust  temp sensor wreak the engine ?

also whjich one is exhaust sensor 2 please ?  

thanks

You could always try swapping the leads for the temp sensors to see if the fault switches to the other sensor so you will know which one is actually faulty

Also, you may want to consider that the turbo variable vanes are stuck closed/open with carbon build up through lack of use (e.g. lots of town driving will cause this)

Use some turbo cleaner and then give it a good blast to clear it through and clean up the turbo vanes - reputable product through eBay listed below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290806726128?epid=1142727766&hash=item43b56e7df0:g:1qUAAOSwy5Ja7ItN&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4J7PHUCAdQCK4TBq3D9AysWmUCZp4cnGtkVgKvKMGw7nDq3b8DBMda6ZlriB0ap7Ncstf2JSk3%2Fm6%2B%2BxtRQUvFOI2BztgsK9r6ZoZAUtLNz3NENKQ%2FJAIDsrb7kLPlUbjNYXyGamZa4BoUpWZTAemiPB2rUScXgajP7%2BalOUsC9VawfE4T59Zp4WzwoIzqRr5tT1YaV7QRXapdBQrqDU9eqBq1m6NQX5gjyFUQOrUdIJc5RpwjLtcagZkFIhhJKgruhBV%2BuagdzsraSxmnEb2yNX%2Blw9tv3ZLa1rxxeJkUOL|tkp%3ABk9SR8b0wNKFYQ