Vectra b z22se

steve v

Hi I'm steve iv got a vectra b 2.2 sri ,the engine management light is on ,when I plug OP com in the fault comes up as bank one sensor 2 heat not working ,but on live data it shows active and pre cat and post cat sensors working. When light is cancelled it come back on after a few miles ,iv had this problem for over a year and can't find the problem can anyone please help  thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi swapped leads on o2 sensors ,checked resistance on heaters and both ok, still shows post cat o2 sensor heater fault and eml light still comes on when engine is warmed up ,any more ideas what I could check please  

Hi swapped leads on o2 sensors ,checked resistance on heaters and both ok, still shows post cat o2 sensor heater fault and eml light still comes on when engine is warmed up ,any more ideas what I could check please, could it be a software problem ?  

Hi iv checked the wiring back to the ecu plug and it's all working fine ,the o2 sensors a Bosch (recommended for this car )one which I replaced about 18 months ago ,does the sensor have to be the exact one ie GM for it to work correctly  thanks

The sensors do not have to be original equipment but of reputable quality which Bosch are.

The only other thing to check is if there are exhaust leaks that are causing the sensors to run high on Lambda.
Put a rag over the exhaust pipe with the engine running (outside in fresh air of course) and listen for any hissing which would indicate an air leak

Hi found a small leak in the centre pipe to back box ,put on new seal now no leaks cancelled eml light after about 15 mlns on the road light came back on so now at a loss any more ideas would be appreciated, thanks for your help 🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can any z22se ecu be fitted to my vectra b 2002 2.2 sri I know some have different numbers ,or is there any ware I can find out the original ecu part number for car as the one that's on it was second hand when I bought the vehicle and not sure weather it's the right one  any information to point me in the right direction  thanks 

Hi immobiliser fault says transponder not recognise, so tried the other two keys but same fault so cancelled the keys and reprgramed them which op com said it was successful, car still won't start and coming up with transponder not recognise, so ordered a set ECU ,immobiliser, and two transponder chips all matching, so see if that works and I'll let you know thanks for your help 

• Like 1

Hi replaced ECU ,immobiliser and transponders ,car now running fine but eml light keeps coming on just like before ,so was thinking can I bypass the post cat o2 sensor and fool the ecu to thinking it's ok? What do you think  regards steve

• 2 weeks later...