Introduction

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I became a member and I should like to introduce myself. My name is Hans Stegeman, I live in the Netherlands where my father used to (try and) sell Vauxhalls back in the day. In a country where Opel was number one in the selling charts that wasn't a very succesful enterprize. My first car was a 1980 Vauxhall Cavalier 2000 saloon that I still own (haven't seen it for 20 or so years but I still pay rent to the person where I garaged it so I trust it's still there). After that came a Volvo 240, a Volvo 264, an MGB roadster, a Reliant Scimitar Se6b, a BMW E34 525i touring, a BMW E39 528i touring, three Mazdas MX-5 NA and recently I bought two Mk1 Rovers 827 fastback. Oh, and a 1980 Vauxhall Cavalier 2000 Sport Hatch (here it is before I acquired it: https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/cc-cohort/cohort-outtake-1981-vauxhall-cavalier-2000gls-sports-hatch-showing-the-capri-the-way/), now undergoing some restoration. We had one towards the end of the seventies, in orange of course, and I loved the model. Much nicer than an Opel Manta B with those horrible slots.

It's this car that's the reason why I joined or more specifically a question that I'm hoping some of you will have the answer to. I'll try to attach an image (from Wikipedia / Wikimedia) that shows an after market bumper that I should like to have on my car. I haven't seen it anywhere else and don't know the producer's name. If any of you do (or perhaps even have one), please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Hans

1978_Vauxhall_Cavalier_GLS_Coupe_(8499610922).jpg

• Like 1

Hi Hans, and welcome to the forum. it sounds like quite a challenge for you to find what you are looking for. Hopefully there is someone on here that might just have one, or know of the whereabouts of one. It certainly a car that stands out from the crowd.

Good luck in your search. 

Andy R.

Thanks Andy for welcoming me to the forum. We'll wait and see what happens. It's not vital of course, I have a front bumper. It's just that I like this one. If one cannot be found I'll use the one I have. It'll be fun to chat with fellow members about our cars.

Hans

• Like 1