Vectra "Check safeguard" issue

JaneNapier

Hi all!

I just bullied my husband into buying me an old Vectra and the computer thing on the dashboard keeps saying "Check safeguard" 

I've had a read of the relevant posts on here but I'm still none the wiser. (I am not great with car stuff) and I can't find anything in the manual.

Does anyone have any advice? HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

Hi....welcome to the Club and Happy New Year to you also.

If the light is red then it is something that needs immediate attention, if it amber then not so urgent, more advisory.

It would benefit from the fault codes being read for a more accurate diagnosis....most garages should be able to do this.

Let us know what codes you find

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for this! I've already had some tip top advice from the forums about another issue -  my key was playing up and I was so happy to get it sorted so it's just this now, preventing me from enjoying motoring 😂 

I put a picture on to show what I mean but also, the chap at the dealers gave us a three month warranty so I could ask him if he knows what it means?

safeguard.jpg

Vauxhall Owners Club
This post was recognized by Vauxhall Owners Club!

AndyR was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 50 points.

Hi Jane, I've just done a google search, and its coming up as a fault with the alarm system.

Has the alarm been set off recently? Also the page i found is saying that if there is a light blinking, it's indicating what to check.

If the light blinks for the first 10 seconds, it's indicating door/bonnet/boot is open, or a system fault. 

It also mentions about some wires behind the rear view mirror, these might have been detached from the ultra sonic sensors, also near the rear view mirror. 

There is also a link to show how to check these wires. 

http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=29944

Hope this helps, and please let us all know how it goes. If it works, then it is something to pass onto other Vectra owners. 

Regards Andy R. 

• Like 1

Thanks Andy! We must have done the same search because I saw that bit about the wires behind the rear view mirror and it scared the bejeezus out of me! Hahaha! I will have a careful look later and report back.

I certainly haven't set off the alarm myself and I've only had the car a couple of weeks. The dealer has stopped responding to my email queries...

J