Central locking

Claire pen

I have a 54 plate Vauxhall Astra and the central locking has gone. The doors can’t be locked manually except the front door,  It also means the boot door won’t open. Tbh the main thing I want to do is get the boot open. Any ideas? Claire 

13 hours ago, Claire pen said:

I have a 54 plate Vauxhall Astra and the central locking has gone. The doors can’t be locked manually except the front door,  It also means the boot door won’t open. Tbh the main thing I want to do is get the boot open. Any ideas? Claire 

Hello Claire.

The first thing I would do is to check the fuses- this will be in a panel just below the dashboard on the right hand side. Presumably from your post it is neither unlocking from the remote or from the key.

If all else fails- and it's a bit of a pig of a job- if you climb into the boot and remove the plastic trim on the tailgate, you can see the locking mechanism and you might be able to pop that open. My Astra doesn't have a deadlock on the tailgate, but if yours does and the CL isn't working that might remain engaged- if so then it's finding the wires and locally applying power to it.

First thing to do though is check the fuses. Always the fuses.

Let us know if that doesn't solve the problem.

Derek

Edited by Derek2021
  • Like 1