Classic or Scrapheap?

Susan Bentley

My dad is 91 and no longer drives . For over 25  years he has driven his Cavalier GLI that he bought from his then neighbour. The car was first registered in 1992. He has driven It around town and done very few miles~ under 40,000. The car has not been out of the garage for 3 years as I finally persuaded him that at his age he shouldn’t be driving. It has been well cared for over the years and sadly due to his admission to a care home I have the awful task of deciding what to do with his beloved motor. This is not something I relish doing and want to do the right thing for my dad. I am torn in different directions with some saying it’s verging on a classic while others think it is of little value to anyone. If anyone can advise or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

• Like 1

Hi Susan

It is a tough decision but I am sure there are plenty of car enthusiasts who would like to take on a project vehicle that is quite rapidly becoming a modern day classic.

You are welcome to place an advert in this forum at no cost and see if any members are interested.

https://www.vauxhallownersclub.com/forums/forum/22-vauxhalls-for-sale/

It may be wise to add some photos to show the condition

Thank you for your kind reply which did give me a little hope that someone out there may be interested in dads old car. Once I’m in a position to get it out of the garage  I’ll take some photos and if I can work the technology I may well do as you have suggested. 
Many thanks,I am very grateful for your response.

• Like 1