Insignia 2.0cdti 160 Engine Oil Leak

CosmicSlop

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2011 Insignia SE Nav Auto. So much car for the money and a really nice drive.

However (there's always a but isn't there!) I have just found an engine oil leak. It is on the driver's side and is covering the drivers underside in oil, dripping off the exhaust downpipe at the front, the sump, manifold shield etc. I have removed the undertrays, degreased and jet washed the area but I cannot pinpoint the leak. Any ideas where I should start would be much appreciated.

Hi....welcome to the Club

That's unfortunate that its got problems just after you purchased it....is there a warranty with it?

I think the only thing you can do is doing what your already doing but oil can creep along surfaces so it proves difficult to isolate the exact cause.
I would start with the oil pressure switch and then look at whether it is coming from a certain level or if it is something rotating it thats throwing it around the engine.

At least if you can isolate the area it is coming from then look more specifically for the exact cause

Let us know how you get on with it