MOT isdyrs

Trevor

Hi.

I have a dilemma, I have been in Romania since August 2020 and whilst away my MOT expired (Dec2020) lockfown has caused me to lose fire of many things.!

So I set out on Friday to travel to UK but was stopped in Slovenia and fined 250euros for no mot whilst I was travelling to UK to get one done. I have to cross multiple borders do potentially will have the same issue.

Has anyone else done this sort of trip and avoided potential fines?

Thank you

Trevor (INSIGNIA) owner

Hi Trevor.....welcome to the Club

I would imagine that the best thing to do is to book in an MOT test at your local garage and get them to text you the appointment details.
This is then proof that you are driving to the MOT station (albeit in England) and this is legitimate as the certificate expired whilst out of the country.

The only thing I would ensure is that the car is 100% road legal....tyres, lights, brakes, etc.

Let us know how it all goes

Cheers, Trevor

Hi 

Thanks for taking the time to respond and the suggestions therein. I think my luck on the day ran out and got a "jobsworth" who was out to set an example. Especially when his colleagues where raising there eyes at how I was being treated. Strange that I had got through Romania, Hungary with no trouble just show passport and V5C and as long has you had paid the road tax for these countries it was fine.

The other alternative I have is registering the car in Romania and subjecting it to testing laws in Romania.

But I have some options now.

Many thanks

Trevor