Grimesy

Hi new member. Have a 2012 Meriva B and absolutely love it. Has half leather seats and glass roof - see my friends faces when I "unveil" it . It is in pristine condition except the rear console cigar lighter does not work. I have checked the connector to it by pulling up the panel - no 12v - the fuse (engine bay no.29) is OK and the front one works. I can prob live with it though.  Have had vauxhalls before starting with a Viva in about 1980 - it was old even then - a Cavalier in the 90's and an Astra auto estate in the noughties.

Looking forward to making some posts and getting some good info.

Regards

Grimesy

Hi Grimesy, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried following the wires back to see if there is any damage causing the failure in power? 

You have certainly had a variety of vauxhalls. Which model of viva did you have back in the 80's? I had a 2 door HB saloon. I've also had a 1990 Cavalier Sri back in 2004, and now I am on my second Astra G mk4.

Regards Andy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice AndyR. I have wired it into the dash fusebox with a fuse extender and 10amp fuse - push the new wire under the carpet and interior trims. It seemed too much effort to remove the central er.. whatever you call that bit in the middle. All working fine now. 

Regards

Grimesy