Help needed plz

Rich179

Hi guys new to the group.

I have a mk4 astravan 1.7cdti 53 plate. Both the spanner light and engine management lights are both on all the time.

The pedal test does not work and I've had 3 different diagnostic readers plugged in. All 3 readers say unable to cumunicate make sure ignition is on. Which it is. I've checked all fuses and there ok. I've got power to the obd port aswell plz help as I don't know where to turn now. Thanks guys any advice most appreciated 

1 minute ago, Rich179 said:

Hi guys new to the group.

I have a mk4 astravan 1.7cdti 53 plate. Both the spanner light and engine management lights are both on all the time.

The pedal test does not work and I've had 3 different diagnostic readers plugged in. All 3 readers say unable to cumunicate make sure ignition is on. Which it is. I've checked all fuses and there ok. I've got power to the obd port aswell plz help as I don't know where to turn now. Thanks guys any advice most appreciated 

The van is smoking under acceration and loss of power. 

6 hours ago, Vauxhall Owners Club said:

It sounds like a turbo issue....is there a whistling/chuffing noise when under load (e.g. turbo boost hoses split?)  it may be an injector fault but I would check for split hoses first.
Not sure why the OBD port is not communicating though

No noise mate at all. Do you think egr valve could be the problem