Front exhaust astra g.

AndyR

Well it has been blowing from the flexi for quite a while. Bought new part, and after it turned up, we got a deluge of snow.

Now the sun was out today, so up on ramps and swapped out old for new. Sounds a lot quieter now. 

Also there are 2 lambda sensors on the astra. One is inthe top of the catalytic converter,  and the other is just after the flexi bit. So hoping they'll talk to each other and the ECU, and start playing nicely for me. 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally get to give the car a good run tomorrow, as daughter is back at college. I did get the engine light turned off, but it came back again after a short trip. Turns out that I need to have a chat with the EGR valve. This is going to get a clean out tomorrow after the college trip, and then I can see how it goes on the afternoon pick up. 

A good 50 mile round trip should hopefully sort it. I can also check if the mpg has improved. 

Well after travelling some 192 miles, and using about £20 worth of petrol. Checked the fuel economy with the online calculator. 

It has worked it out that I got 54.5mpg, and used 16 litres of fuel at a cost of £5.68 a gallon. It also worked out that it was costing me about 10.4p per mile. 

Now I can live with that sort of economy. 

I was so impressed, that the car got a birthday, cleaned and polished inside and out.