Barry from Basildon here, CEO of Carlton Owners club, Basildon branch

Alright everyone

Barry from Basildon here, my mate suggested this group, so giving it a go, I got two Vauxhalls, I run the Carlton owners club, Basildon branch. I have a G reg Carlton, it's a bit knackered and there's nettles coming through the glove box, plus I think something died in the back seat, - not a person, probably a hedgehog or something else, don't smell right.  Pet ferret called Ludo lives in the boot, but it's still alive, so that aint the smell. Also got a Belmont estate, well..it belongs to my mate Dave, but he won't shift it,so If you can tow it, you can have it, right now I'm using it to store Ferret food.  Anways, nice to meet you all,  I'm going to be stripping the Carlton down soon, jazzing it up, West Ham badge on the bonnet, then the rest of it just England flags. I thought inside I'd do a bit of a Duran Duran theme. Right now I use it for a bit of a break from the missus when she goes on a bit about decorating the bathroom, so I leg it to the garden and sit in the Carlton. The radio still works, but there's a cassette stuck in there, and it plays Wet Wet Wet "Sweet little mystery" over and over again. The engine just about works but sounds a bit dodge.  Still a decent motor, sort of. My missus hates it, or me, maybe both. She says she wants a Focus...needs bloody focus more like!

My missus had a Frontera, as we know it's a rebadged Isuzu Trooper, so we got rid of it.

My mate Dave has a normal Belmont, he gets narky with me because I call it a rubbish Astra with boot, which it is really.

I once had thoughts about going to Beachy Head and just ending it, enough is enough - it's been a rough few months,  so I'd basically go there, and just push the Belmont over the edge.

Anyways, cheers from Basildon, and nice to be part of this group.

Message me about the Belmont, seriously, or I'm towing it to Eastbourne.

Up the Hammers, cheers

Barry

PS sorry about the size of the image, hope I don't get booted...like an Astra with a boot!

2021797429_Screenshot2021-01-15at16_12_44.thumb.png.6d9d1dc514c0d353b237a1171ecdbe67.png