Looking to buy a 2.0cdti Insignia

Iceman29

Hi all,

I’ve seen a 2014 Insignia automatic with 140k miles.

I’ve owned a few Astra’s in the past with the 1.7cdti engine. How reliable are the 2.0cdti’s with that mileage? Anything in particular I should be asking about/looking out for?

thanks in advance

Hi Iceman29 ..... welcome to the Forum

I think you'll find that the reliability of the 1.7cdti engine was perfectly adequate for the era and most are still carrying out with huge miles behind them.

However, the 2.0cdti is not suppose to be as reliable, unless any other members can dispel this rumour?

Worth digging a bit deeper to establish what issues may lay ahead

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a facelift 2.0 cdti Insignia Techline ecoflex s/s sport tourer. when you look at the car, make sure it has full service history, that the cambelt kit and water pump were changed at 6 years, or 100,000 miles, that is imperative, if not negotiate a lower price, if you are still interested in the car, and budget for about £400. If any warning signs come up on the dash, get the car on a diagnostic machine and fix problem as soon as possible, if you have SERVICE VEHICLE SOON, come up on the dash, it doesn't mean service, it is a generic term for problem, I had that, and it turned out to be Glow plug no3 is faulty, and in my car the glow plugs have sensors, it cost £130 just for the sensor.

I am not trying to put you off, but be careful, I love my car, but don't get ripped off, there are lots to choose from, as they were big sellers for Vauxhall,  ther are lots of bad ones, so look around, and buy the best you can, age doesn't matter, as long as it has been looked after, good luck

• 5 months later...

Very helpful comments for me.  I have just bought a 2012 (62 plate) 2.0 diesel estate with 66k on the clock.  Svce history seems ok.   Front near side headlight seems to collect some water when it rains (yesterday !).  Is this difficult to fix or maybe just the headlight seal?