It's a pass..😃

AndyR

Well for the last few weeks I've been working on the astra for the impending mot. Today was judgement day,  and my worries were soon dispatched. 

We rolled inattentive 10:15am, and after a good going over by the tester @ Banham Vehicle Services. We rolled away with a pass certificate, and no advisories. 

That has to be a first for me, as I can't remember ever having a clear ticket like today. There's always been a "keep an eye on" something,  normally brake pipes.  

Oh I'm a happy bunny. Astra getting treated at the weekend to a good service, and that gear oil change. 😁😁.

And a celebratory beer tonight too. 👍👍

Hi Trevor,  yes the beer went down well. I was going to do the oil change today, but its now raining, so plan B. I so wish I had a garage to work in this time of year.  

Hope you and family are staying safe.  

Regards Andy.

Glad to hear you're all good. Yes I'm sure the car will enjoy the fresh oil in her engine and gearbox.  I'll get some pictures when I do the gearbox, and you'll be able to see its colour. Even the mot tester said that it should be Dextron and cherry coloured.🙄

Edited by AndyR
spelling mistakes

Well I had planned to do the oil changes today, but I have somehow hurt my back. So no crawling about under the car for me for a few days. And it was such an ideal day weather wise too.😟

Never mind, I'll get it done during the week when I am feeling better. Needs doing soon though, especially the gearbox.

Thanks, it seems to be easing. I do suffer with back problems quite often, due to an industrial injury a few years ago. But yes some nice days would be good. Hoping to get on this weekend.  

I see extra pain killers in my future. 

😁😁

• 2 weeks later...

Not done yet, unfortunately still having mobility problems.  And it's been quite wet here too. Must get it done though, for the cars benefit.  Will keep you posted.