Astra G Braking system.

AndyR

Hi all, hope everyone is staying safe, and making the most of their time pampering the cars.

How do i tell if my Astra has ABS braking .I cannot see an abs pump near to the master cylinder/servo, but knowing my luck it's probably hidden somewhere else. 

Its getting near mot time and need to get everything sorted, and as there is no school/college runs this week, I am hoping to get stuck in to the old girl. Brakes, service, and at last I can get that crappy old gear oil out and put in proper automatic transmission fluid.

I will get some pics of the gear oil and show you all what some numpty at a garage had done at some point in the past.

Watch this space........😁

Hi Andy, all good here, thanks!

If you have ABS you should get a lamp showing on the dashboard image.png

If nothing showing then more than likely not equipped with it.

Alternatively, it may be remotely mounted near the master cylinder area and bolted to the chassis leg.

Would be interested in seeing the old fluid

Cheers. Trevor

Hi Trevor glad all ok. 

Thank you for the tip about abs,can't say I've seen that light. Will have a look later. And yes, once it stops raining  here,and I can get outside I will get pics, or a video of the oil. There was a canister in the boot when I got the car that had 10/45 oil written on it. It smelt very much like ordinary manual gear oil. I'm so hoping that not what's in there now. 

Will keep you updated.

Regards Andy.

Well the rain let off for a bit today, so i have done the front pads. Definitely not got ABS. I did notice that there is a wire with a female connection plug on the end, and it is clipped to the inner wing beside the brake pipe on both nearside and offside. Is this for a different model, or should there be something connected?

That's one job of the to do list. Gearbox oil and a service next, and then a complete flush through of the cooling system again, and hopefully get rid of the last remnants of oil that seems to be there. It is getting less. 😁

Regards Andy.