car with spanner light on- oil service reset.

Hi all, hope someone can help me with this.

I have a Meriva and it drives faultlessly. But the yellow car with a spanner symbol in it is lit up with the engine running.

Googling i found that the oil needs resetting so have done this. But the light is still on. Checked with my obd scanner and no faults are shown.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Hi Ray....welcome to the Forum

Sometimes the reset doesn't always work first time, think you have to press the brake pedal.

Worth trying another reset procedure to see if it lists any further instructions, had one in recently that did the same and refused to play ball so kept trying until it went

Hi, thanks for the reply. Did try a few times to reset the oil and get rid of the light, but didn't work. Spoke to my friendly garage who said bring it in and they will check for codes. A code came for no3 glow plug so I will just change them all to be on the safe side. Funny thing is thiugh i had scanned it with an Autel and Delphi cline scanner and they both didn't pick it up. But the garages Bosch one found it straight away. Always worth having a good garage you can rely on. Wanted to pay them for it but they said it was fine. Can't complain!

Hi Ray, 

I had the same light keep coming up on my Astra G, After a good run it would go off for a few days, then come back again.  After speaking with Trevor on here, I gave the old girl a good service. And I haven't had it come on since.  Hope you get yours sorted soon. 

Andy.