Sintra

I still have my 3.0 CDX auto. Still going despite being unloved by just about everybody else. I see there are now only 4 left on the road in the UK. Have had 3 Sintra's since 2001, all 3.0 automatics and before scrapping the other 2 (corrosion) I retained a lot of parts.
Is there anyone else out there who still has one? Would love to hear from anyone and I'd be happy to discuss what parts I have if it helps anyone keeping theirs on the road.

I fully expect lots of negatives about the Sintra and I am well aware of the shocking crash test reports – they are really bad. This car has quite a few issues I admit
Poor build
Unreliable electrics
Hard suspension
Garage servicing (most won’t touch it with a barge pole)
Corrosion (particularly sills and rear wheel arches)
Availability of parts now
Access within engine bay (battery change requires some effort and dismantling)

There are some positives
Interior capacity
Seats removed it becomes a small van
Sliding doors and access
Pulling power. It has lots
Decent MPG for a V6 on a long journey

I maintain my 1999 model and have managed to keep it going, despite plenty of initial MOT failures. Some of you will say why am I bothering and I’m not sure of the answer but when you’ve put so much effort into it over lots of years it becomes a labour of love. Since garages won’t get involved, and I’ve keep a lot of parts from the previous 2, then it owes me nothing.
I’ll keep going until, I just maybe, the owner of the very last 3.0 Sintra on the road …..

Hi Jeff....welcome to the forum

Good for you!  it's got to be worth keeping on the road with numbers that low and as you say if you can keep it maintained and on the road and it serves a useful purpose then go for it!

I personally like working on Vauxhalls as most jobs are easy enough to tackle and parts are cheap as well.

Good to have you onboard and feel free to post up some pics of the Sintra