Code 84 - reduced engine power

Hi, we have a Meriva 2012 and every time we indicate right code 84 appears which puts the car into limp mode.

We have checked the indicator lights and they all work. We turn the engine off and on and it’s working again until we indicate right. 

Is this an easy fix? Or an expensive one? 

Hi this sounds like a job for a vauxhall dealer. All websites seem to state the obvious, that it is low engine power. Well limp mode is just that. Maybe an electrical fault somewhere. Hope you get sorted soon. 

Regards Andy. 

Hi Sarah.....welcome to the Forum

Its an odd one!
Generally code 84 means reduced power delivery (going into limp home mode) but can be caused by many different things.

If it is happening when indicating right, I would firstly check all the lighting and ensure that the correct bulbs are fitted.
It has happened on cars I have previously encountered with defective brake light bulbs and the engine went into limp home mode.

If nothing is wrong with the lighting circuit then I would strip off the plastics surrounding the indicator switch and check that no wiring has chaffed through and is affecting the ignition switch, etc

Please do let us know what you find