Unknown wire/connector

djpk

Hi all, 

Apologies if in wrong section (Say hi to the noobie) But I've been doing some work on my Astra H (Elite) and came across the wire/connector shown in the pics. Does anyone know where what it's meant to be plugged into? everything seems to work OK apart from the heating (suspected thermostat) Can anyone help please? thanks in advance. 

PhotoCollage_20200105_174202913_resize_82.jpg

PhotoCollage_20200105_174338814_resize_46.jpg

Hi there djpk,   I have 2 mk4 Astra G's sitting here. One is a 1.6 twinport 8v, and the other is a 1.6 16 v twincam auto. 

Which engine are you running in your Astra H ? If it's the same as one of mine, i could have a look and try to see where it is supposed to be connected for you. I will be looking anyway, just incase it is a generic connection on the astra model.

Hope i can be of help, and welcome to the forum.

Regards Andy.  

Hi there, both mine are petrol. I will have a look in the morning and see what i can find, if anything. And let you know sometime tomorrow. I have been a member of this forum for a couple of years now, and have found other members very helpful. Judging by the description of your astra being a 2004  Mk5 (H), it must be an early mk5. My pair are both mk4 G , and are 2003. One being march, and the other being august. I just hope your one isn't silver. 😀 

.Hi, and I hope I have good news for you. On both my Astra's, that wire is plugged into the brake fluid reservoir. 

And both of my mk4's are hatchbacks. And both silver, although different shades. 

I will try to upload a picture, but I hope I have been of help. 

Regards Andy.