Heater controls

AndyR

Can anyone give me an idea on how to remove heater controls in my astra g. Fan only works on 4, and the switches below are only working if you move the area control one. 

Had enough of getting ears blasted off just to clear the screen. 

Thanks in advance. 

Andy. R.

• 2 months later...

Hi Trevor, can you give me a clue as to what the heater resistor pack looks like please. Have had the glove box out and had a good state at it, and then put it back together again. Haven't got the foggiest what I'm looking for 😋

Regards Andy.,😁

Here's an ebay link to one and luckily it is brightly coloured so should be quite easy to spot amongst all the black and grey plastic under the dashboard

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ZAFIRA-HEATER-MOTOR-RESISTOR-PACK/163996763947?fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall|Model%3AAstra|Cars+Year%3A2003&hash=item262ef8072b:g:0dcAAOSw97pd-8qg

Found it..........

Had to do some research on google, but I now know where it is. And ain't that in a peachy place.

Glove box out, hand up into the deep dark depths at the back of the dashboard above the pollen filter,(which i didn't know i had).

Just got to try and remove it now, hell that's tight in there. Now need a small hand, mmm which daughter do i pick??

Wish me luck, 

Andy.

lol....sounds like you picked the right time to tackle these jobs Andy.

Does tend to get tight and awkward under the dash to tackle jobs like this but worth replacing the pollen filter or if extremely dirty then just removing for now to stop any spread of bacteria in the filter around the interior of the car.

My Grandchildren are a bit too young to tackle jobs on cars yet....and I emphasise the word 'yet'. lol

Well thats that job jobbed.👍

Heater resistor pack replaced, and now all speeds back to normal. And i didn't need a child's small hand.  Did check the pollen filter whilst i had access, and it looks like that it has not long been replaced. Now to move on to some other jobs. Got to replace coolant temp sensor, as the gauge isn't as precise as it should be. Only starts moving when sat for a length of time in traffic.  

Thanks for all the tips Trevor.