Vectra stalls

Buttonmania

Hi all newbie here, hope this is the correct place for this: 

ref: vectra 2007 1.9cdti 

The car starts cold after a few turns, if under labour up an incline she stalls. If standing ticking over sounds ok, if I turn off then try to start more difficult and some times does not want to. Get the usual spanner and inspec message. But if I turn back on these lights disappear until an issue again. 

I have replaced air filter and fuel filter and cleaned maf sensor. I believe fuel pump from tank js working as fuel is pumped into filter housing if turned to position 2. 

So can anyone enlighten me as to my next move please. High pressure pump, regulator or injectors? 

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil....welcome to the Forum

It sounds like the turbo vanes are gummed up with carbon which is a common fault.

If the car drives fine until a load is applied (turbo boosting) then the vanes which are supposed to throw out to vary the pitch to improve the delivery of boost tend to stick and cause the engine to go into limp home mode.

There are kits you can buy and lots of info on you-tube/google about how to clean the vanes and then once cleaned you just need to drive it hard to keep them clear of carbon deposits.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diesel-Turbo-Cleaner-Kit/333420976331?hash=item4da17058cb:g:22YAAOSwBsld27BU

Let us know what you find