Funny windows issue

Derekscott

Hi, I guess it may be a faulty switch. It is possible the contacts have become worn or it may be bad wire connections. I would pull the door card far enough to get your hand behind and see if you can reach the connections. Try and wiggle them a bit, sometimes they can corrode and not work properly. If that doesn't work you may have to take it out and check the contacts. There may be a spring inside so watch it doesn't pop out. Check the contacts and use a bit of wet and dry to clean them if they look pitted.

My previous Astra had faulty rear door electrics which was due to the wires becoming work hardened after the door being opened and closed lots of times. I don't know if yours has central locking but if that and the door speaker are working you could probably rule that out. Try giving the wire a wiggle where it goes into the door while holding the switch. You never know!

If you take the switch out you can check it first using an electric meter to check the resistance, that should tell you if it is the switch is ok or not. If your not very DIY I'm sure someone you know will have an electric meter and be able to check it for you and at the same time you can check power is getting to the switch through the wires.

The only other thing I can suggest is check the fuse. I would think that would stop both front switches from working so I would probably rule this out.

This is what I would do but if you find the fault is the switch then you could just buy another rather than pull it to bits.

Good luck and let us know how you go on.