Insignia DPF Issues

stevec200

My Insignia (67 plate) has been in the Vauxhall garage for 3 Months now with DPF problems. I have collected it from them on THREE occasions only to have it break down after 1.5 miles, 15 miles and on the third occasion (last Friday) 20 miles!!! I think they have almost rebuilt the system but cant seem to solve the issue!!! The DPF issue started only 1 Month after I bought the car but they said it was blocked because of my driving style!!! (Seems to be a stock answer!) So I seem to have blocked it after only 1 Month!!! of course this has now proven not to be the case as they are having to replace most of it. I have asked for a replacement vehicle but keep getting fobbed off by the dealership. How many attempts can they have at curing a problem before they need to admit defeat and replace it? I am paying for a car that I havent had the use of for 3 months!!!! Its getting ridiculous!! Anyone any experience in dealing with them? TIA

I think if it was me i would take legal advice from the CAB or a solicitor to find out your consumer rights regarding the ownership of a car that is not fit for purpose.
Seems unreasonable to have bought a car you cannot drive and that has been substantially modified with new components with no result at the end of it.

Let us know how it all goes