Vauxhall Owners Club Messages

Review Your Vauxhall

Help others who are looking to buy a car like yours, review your Vauxhall now

Westcliff67

Bertone Windows Dropped

Hello Everyone

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything about this subject.

I have a 2001 Astra Bertone convertible, I have a problem that my passenger door window has dropped about 1inch and will not go all the way up.

Initially I thought the mechanism had come loose, so I stripped off the door panel and plastic for find the electric mechanism is ok and in place.

There are 2 mushroom looking screw blots on the traverse bar that can go through holes in the bottom of the door. Do these adjust the windows?

they look like they are some sort of stopping device to halt the rise of the windows, any one got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Cliff

Hi Cliff.....welcome to the Forum

I wonder if it is to do with the window auto dropping as it is a convertible as most convertibles do this to ensure the window doesn't foul the roof when the door is opened and closed.

More than likely the door is not being sensed as being closed and the window has not raised itself to seal to the roof.

Try opening and closing the drivers door and see if the window winds up the last few centimetres and if so then there is a fault with the passenger door sensor

Hi 

Thank you for the welcome

The window drops as it is supposed to do with the door opening and rises when closed it just doesn't go up the last bit.

The drivers door is fine, it works as I expect it to.

Cliff

Hello

I've had the door card off, quite simple even thought the AutoGlass guy said it was a nightmare to remove, 6 screws and a few pop stud things. 

The mechanism seems to be in the right location doesn't look like its slipped. There are these threaded 'mushrooms' that fit into holes in the door bottom. They are on the window bottom metal. I think they may be stops but one is rusted in place the other is very loose. I will try to adjust them and see what happens

many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated

Cliff